If your house’s roof is not in good shape, it’s time to consider changing it. Taking action now will save you money and avoid costly repairs. In addition, proactive maintenance can improve your house’s future resale value. If you don’t know what to look for, consider these seven warning signs.
If you notice loose shingles leaking into the gutter, it may be time to change the roof. This can cause leaks and lead to decay. The most noticeable signs that your roof needs to be changed include:
– The shingles have started to decay. – You may find pieces of broken shingles in the gutter. Broken shingles can lead to further decay of the rest of the roof.
– The shingles are beginning to fall off the roof. This is another sign that your roof needs to be replaced. Roofing nails often make a lot of noise, and if you hear them, that means it’s time for a new roof. A new roof can save your home from future problems.
– Your roof flashing is not working properly. This thin material is installed on your roof to direct water away from critical areas. When it starts to deteriorate, it can cause leaks and cause plywood rot. It may even cause structural damage. To remedy these problems, you should hire a North Dallas roofing contractor.
– There are many signs that indicate that you need to replace your house roof. The first and most obvious sign is a leak on the roof. This is usually caused by weakened roofing materials or by storm damage. When the leak is large enough, it will cause visible puddles to form on the roof during a rainstorm.
– The roof is sagging. Sagging roofs are a sign that the decking has become weakened, and therefore, the roof needs to be replaced. If you can feel a bounce when you stand on the roof, it is time for a new roof. If you notice any of these signs, you should contact a roofing professional as soon as possible.